Outstanding Primary ICT Teacher
Kings’ Schools Dubai are seeking an outstanding Computing Science teacher to join our successful and expanding Primary ICT department. The Primary ICT teacher will be responsible for the learning and teaching of the computing curriculum and ensuring that the ICT skills are consistent with the whole school educational policies and practice and within the ethos and expectations of the Kings’ schools. The department also has a strong focus on innovation and our goal to connect our students practically with real-world industry experiences to help them apply, extend and challenge their skills.
The department is fully resourced on Windows suites and have recently invested in Virtual Reality headsets to compliment students’ learning. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, help students to achieve excellent academic results whilst connecting them practically with the wider world of technology and design in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
This position represents is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join an ambitious and innovative team where you will be able to play a leading role in driving both the direction of the department and opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship across the curriculum. As such, we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards but who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside of the confines of the classroom.
When you join the Kings’ family you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree in Computer Science or a closely related degree
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching Primary Years
- Experience with VR, Robotics, coding(Java, Python, Scratch, Espresso) and/or STEM projects will be looked upon favourably
- Experience as an apple educator as well as highly effective use of Microsoft Office
- Experience at training teachers in the use of innovative technology practice in the classroom
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 31 December 2017
(The school will conduct initial interviews to early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date)
Interviews to be held in London from 15th to 21st January 2018.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.