Outstanding Teacher of Chemistry with General Science in Years 7, 8 and 9
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Chemistry teacher to join our rapidly expanding Science department. The department has already established itself as a central part of school life and has quickly gained a reputation for academic excellence, with parents and students alike viewing science as a desirable career pathway.
The department is superbly resourced with purpose built laboratories to encourage and facilitate student enquiry and research. As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a creative and innovative environment. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Chemistry or Science as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal. Closing date for applications is 31 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.