Outstanding Secondary Teacher of English
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding English teacher to join our excellent and highly successful department.
The post requires the successful applicant to teach across all year groups from Year 7 to 13, including GCSE and A-Level classes. As such this will be a demanding, yet rewarding, position and the successful applicant will be supported by a highly creative, driven and open team.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence, Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with English Literature as the sole or significant focus.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, although new teachers or NQTs who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- The ability to adapt quickly to Kings’ fast-paced international, multicultural and demanding environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 16th January 2020
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be invited to participate in a thorough induction programme.