Outstanding Teacher of Food Technology
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Design Technology teacher with a specialisation in Food Technology to join our outstanding department. Food Technology is a relatively new, yet highly popular subject, at Kings’. The successful applicant will be working alongside the current leader for Food Technology and will be expected to help drive the department to further success into GCSE and beyond. The department falls under our ‘Practical Sciences’ faculty, consisting of Design Technology, Economics and IT. The faculty has a strong focus on innovation and our goal to connect our students practically with real-world industry experiences to help them apply, extend and challenge their skills.
As such this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring, creative and charismatic teacher to join and help to drive a popular subject. The successful candidate will be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty leader with exacting standards.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A willingness to connect to the wider community
- The ability and desire to lead extra-curricular activities such as ‘F1 in schools’
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- The ability to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international, multicultural environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 31 December 2017
(The school will conduct initial interviews to early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date)
Interviews to be held from 15 to 21 January 2018 in London.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.