Outstanding Teacher of Psychology and Sociology
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Psychology and Sociology teacher to join our young and dynamic department. The department is currently in the first year of delivering both GCSE and A-Level courses and our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department.
This position represents a superb opportunity for an aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teacher to join a new, ambitious and innovative team where you will be able to play a leading role in driving both the direction of the department and opportunities for innovation across the curriculum. As such we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards but also who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside the confines of the classroom.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree in Psychology or Sociology as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher, with a minimum of 3 years experience of teaching GCSE and A-Level
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form.
Closing date: 31 December 2017
(The school will conduct initial interviews to early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date)
Interviews to be held in London from 15 to 21 January 2018.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.