Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary school and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, inspiring, creative, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of P.E. to deliver across the full age and ability range, through all Key Stage 1 and 2.
To join our happy, committed and highly professional teaching team, you need to be an excellent teacher, able to enthuse and inspire the children you teach and have a 'can do' approach to teaching and school life. Working at Anfield is extremely professionally rewarding.
Opportunity (August 2018)
The successful applicant will be:
- an experienced and outstanding Primary P.E teacher with QTS
- an enthusiastic, highly motivated, open-minded and caring professional
- able to teach across the whole Primary range (Year1 - 6)
- able to maintain the high attainment of P.E. at the school
- able to co-ordinate extra-curricular activities
- able to foster a love of P.E. with the children, developing their enjoyment of it
- able to liaise with class teachers to link P.E. teaching with other curriculum topics being studied
- able to manage the House Reward Programme
- experienced in teaching the English National Curriculum requirements for P.E.
- experienced in organising the Sports Day and extra-curricular sporting activities
- knowledgeable and experienced in using ICT applications relevant to a classroom environment
- committed to continuing professional development (CPD)
- committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- able to work closely with colleagues and communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to the continued development of our school
- committed to our Catholic ethos
In addition, the successful applicant will:
- have a passion to inspire pupils and do whatever it takes to achieve success
- have proven, successful experience in teaching and leading the core areas of the English National Curriculum
- have experience of raising standards in a challenging environment
- have experience of managing others and supporting them to develop their teaching practice
- have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- be willing to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Education (P.E.) with QTS or Bachelor Degree in Sport with PGCE & QTS
- a minimum of 3 years teaching experience working with Primary aged children
- exceptional communication skills/English language skills
- high levels of ICT capability
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: 2nd March 2018
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during February and March 2018
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.