PA to the Principal
Avanti Fields School
SALARY: £18k FTE (pro rata as term time only)
START DATE: March 2019
CONTRACT TYPE: Term Time + 2 weeks per year
CONTRACT TERM: Permanent
We are seeking to appoint a skilled, professional and dedicated PA to join our friendly and growing team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Principal in providing administrative support as well as leading and taking responsibility for key strategic areas within data and HR. This role is part time in the first instance but as the school grows there is the possibility for increase.
Avanti Fields School is a new all-through school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 pupils in September 2018. The school will grow incrementally year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
We are building a staff team at Avanti Fields School which is relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for our pupils. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our pupils. This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
The PA to the Principal is a “front of house” role on which requires high levels of emotional and social literacy, high integrity and confidentiality. It is important that the successful candidate has excellent communication and organisation skills, both written and oral and can demonstrate high capacity to anticipate, show initiative and project manage.
Avanti Fields is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti House School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
You need to be able to demonstrate that you have the following:
• Ability to manage own workload and work on own initiative to meet deadlines.
• Good communication skills and ability to relate well to children and adults.
• Ability to work constructively as a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and the post holder’s position within these.
• Experience of development, management and operation of administrative systems (eg SIMS).
• High level of literacy and numeracy skills.
• Excellent ICT skills (internet, word processing, databases).
We are able to offer:
• a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly students;
• a committed and motivated staff team;
• an attractive working environment;
• supportive parents;
• great opportunities for professional development.
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.
Closing Date: Friday 15th February 2019
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.