5 days per week, either term time only or all year round
Hours: 7.5 hours per day
Start and finish time: 8.30am to 5pm with breaks
Goldbeaters is a two form entry primary school and we have a wonderful staff team and fantastic children who all make our school a great place to work.
We are looking for a dynamic and competent administrator for our Parent Liaison Officer role to join our school office team. Your job will be to work with pupils, parents/carers, school staff and outside agencies to ensure and promote high levels of attendance and punctuality across the school and to maintain accurate records. You will be able to build a strong rapport with parents, pupils and staff from external agencies. You will have strong communication skills, and have a helpful, hands-on approach with a can-do attitude. You will be able to deal calmly and courteously with situations and maintain confidentiality of school business at all times.
You will be part of a busy school office team, and so we especially want to hear from you if you are organised, efficient, have excellent administrative skills and a good eye for detail. If you are used to the school environment that would be very welcome. The job is offered either on a term time only basis (40 weeks per year), or all year round (52 weeks per year with 6 weeks holiday to be taken in school holidays).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote high levels of attendance and punctuality
- Maintain accurate records on attendance
- Meet with the council’s Educational Welfare Officer
- Maintain accurate school dinner registers and reports
- Administer parent payments for school dinners, trips etc
- Prepare school uniform orders and distribute
- Carry out ordering of school resources and supplies
- Administrative and clerical support for the office
- Provide cover for the office manager for reception duties and hospitality
- Input pupil asset information
- Prepare statistical returns
- Provide financial support as needed
Ideally the candidate would have:
- School administration experience and familiarity with a school environment
- Sound organisation, administration and clerical skills
- A friendly, calm and assertive manner
- Flexibility, reliability and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Effective IT skills and experience using school database systems (we use Integris, Parent Pay)
- An ability to work pro-actively both independently, and as part of a team
- A sense of humour!
We can offer:
- A positive school environment with children who are great to be with
- A well organised and well-led staff team
- A very special place to work as part of the Gold Star Federation with our sister school the Orion Primary School
If you would like to:
- Feel a real buzz at work
- Share our unique vision
- Work with staff who really do have a team spirit second to none
...Then, we would like to hear from you!
If you would like to find out more about the role, please get in touch with Colette Gibson who is the current postholder
020 8959 6033
For an application form, job description and person specification please see Barnet Jobs website: www.jobs.barnet.gov.uk or contact Goldbeaters Primary School office: email@example.com
Closing date: 24 September 2018.
Interviews later the same week.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.