Part-Time Kitchen Assistant
Dates: Apply by 12pm on Friday 22nd March 2019
Start Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Salary: Grade 1 – FTE £16,848.00
Location: 152 Syon Lane, Osterley, Hounslow, TW7 5PN
Contract type: 12.5 hours per week, over the lunch period Monday – Friday, 38 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Overview: Nishkam School West London is an innovative state of the art all-through 4-19 school. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 and the secondary phase opened in September 2018, with a four form entry in year 7 of 100 pupils. The school is part of Nishkam School Trust (NST), an outstanding Multi-Academy Trust (with 4 schools and 2 nurseries in the UK and a vocational college in Kenya).
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to make an important contribution to the next phase of the development of Nishkam School West London (NSWL). Nishkam School West London will be a flagship school for our Trust offering all-through provision in an expansive 11 acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values led, multi-faith approach.
The Kitchen Assistant will be required to prepare school meals and assist with the serving of food to children and staff using the appropriate etiquette. The daily duties of the post also include operating all kitchen machinery and equipment, setting up the food service counter, and contributing to the cleaning of the school kitchen.
The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in relation to food standards are applied in the kitchen at all times.
We will offer you:
- A very warm and welcoming team
- Hardworking and dedicated colleagues
- Supportive parents, carers and community
- A committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- A new learning environment
- Opportunities for professional development
- Terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools.
NST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Please download an application pack at:
or contact the school office on 020 3141 8760
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 12pm, on Friday 22nd March 2019
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday 25th March 2019
- Interviews will be held week commencing 25th March 2019