Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a motivated Part-Time Instructor Teacher to teach Science, Information Technology (IT) and Art, and to work in a Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) specialist school in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. The position will start from September 2018 and involve working on a Part-Time basis (2-3 days a week).
The successful Instructor Teacher will need to have the ability to teach Science, IT and Art to students in Key Stage Three (KS3), Key Stage Four (KS4) Key Stage Five (KS5) from GCSE up to A-Level. There is a strong emphasis on the ideal Instructor Teacher being able to teach in an engaging manner and be able to effectively adapt their teaching approach to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), communication difficulties, challenging behaviour, Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties and more complex needs. The successful candidate will need to be confident with providing bespoke learning opportunities and be able to build up a strong rapport with the students they’re supporting.
The ideal Instructor Teacher will be based at the school in Wisbech but will also include some Outreach work, travelling to a student in Kings Lynn. ** It is therefore important that the ideal Teacher is able to travel to and from the settings they’re working in.**
To be considered for the position as an Instructor Teacher, you must:
· Be an Instructor Tutor with a nationally recognised qualification such as Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) OR hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· Have experience teaching Science and/or IT from GCSE up to A-Level
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Have an effective approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), communication difficulties, challenging behaviour, Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties and more complex needs
· Be resilient and confident in managing challenging behaviour if it arrises
· Be able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches if required
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an Instructor Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are an Instructor Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as an Instructor Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Instructor Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire and Fenland, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk