Support the next generation of leaders at Harris Academy Wimbledon.
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic part time SEN Administrator to join Harris Academy Wimbledon, working part-time (15 hours per week).
You will provide an administrative service to the SENCO and SEN team, which will include:
- Supporting the SENCO in maintaining a high standard of record keeping for all pupils with SEND, including developing and managing the SEN filing system
- Producing accurate agendas and minutes from all meetings relating to pupils with SEND
- Liaising with primary/feeder schools and external services and with transfer schools to ensure smooth transfer of SEN information
- Communicating on behalf of the SENCO with key members of staff and outside agencies to ensure pupils with SEND receive excellent levels of care and support, and with parents of those pupils
- Supporting the process of assessment and testing for pupils with SEND
- Supporting the maintenance of timetables and rotas for teaching assistants
- Undertaking general administrative duties as required
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Wimbledon, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team. Join us in our mission to cultivate an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for a strong communicator with proven skills in engaging with, inspiring and motivating, not just the school community but the wider community. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in administration, preferably in a school environment and ideally within SEN
- Experience of using ICT to access and retrieve information.
- Experience of working with young people and meeting their particular needs and requirements
- A high level of written and spoken communication skills to develop open and constructive relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to work as part of a team and in partnership with teachers and other staff
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Academy Wimbledon?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students;
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the academy grows;
- All the advantages of a highly successful academy group, including strong central support and outstanding CPD opportunities.
About Harris Academy Wimbledon
Harris Academy Wimbledon will be an outstanding place to learn. It will provide an excellent education in an innovative, inclusive and happy environment. As well as promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra-curricular opportunities, we want to support our students to make decisions wisely, ready for the challenges they will face as adults. As part of the Harris Federation, we will have the opportunity to partner with other successful Harris schools across London and will have access to a shared pool of resources and expertise.
In September 2020, we opened our brand new building in High Path, which is being purpose built for our students. Until then, we will be situated in the redeveloped adult education centre on Whatley Avenue, with full access to all the facilities and resources we need as a successful, thriving school.
With the support of our local community, we know that Harris Academy Wimbledon will match the high standards Harris academies are known for, and that we will take excellent care of students.
Being part of a school at its inception is a great experience. Our first students will be the role models for the future and set a trail for others to emulate. Come and be part of this with us!
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Academy Wimbledon
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Harris Academy Wimbledon is a co-educational secondary school opening in September 2018. It will be run by the same experienced leaders as Harris Academy Morden. We will offer education with drive and ambition within a culture that creates independen...