We are seeking to appoint, from September 2018, a well-qualified and innovative permanent part time Teacher of Boys’ PE who is able to inspire outstanding learning and progress. Applications from NQTs, as well as more experienced teachers, are welcome.
This an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking and ambitious department where academic standards and levels of student achievement are extremely high. Candidates will need to demonstrate a passion for teaching PE, as well as the energy and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the future development of the subject and will develop their career in a supportive, collaborative environment.
We have very close links with our local primary schools and the main focus of this key role is to develop and enhance our existing primary school sports provision. The role involves co-ordinating the Primary Sports League and delivery of the Level 2 Sports Leader course, providing training to student sports leaders and assist in managing the Year 6 Sports Transition Day. Consequently the successful candidate should have outstanding organisational skills and a commitment to enriching students’ learning beyond the traditional school day. In addition, there will be a number of sports technician tasks, some administrative duties as well as covering classes for absent teachers.
Ilkley Grammar School is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400 year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
Our Ofsted inspection of March 2017 confirmed us as an ‘Outstanding’ school in all areas, where we have “pupils (who) demonstrate extremely positive attitudes to learning” and where “pupils’ behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.”
We are the founding school of Moorlands Learning Trust and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school to school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
* a dedicated and passionate teacher of PE who has resilience and a strong, positive work ethic
* a commitment to providing high quality lessons to engage, challenge and inspire our students
* an individual with the ability to teach PE across the full ability range but with a particular focus on Primary Sports League co-ordination and coaching
* a strong commitment to extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities
* outstanding organisational skills
* the opportunity to make a real difference
* students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
* a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
* a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
* a committed and established staff
* very supportive parents and Governors
* a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale with good transport links to Leeds and Bradford
For further details, including our specific application requirements for this post, please visit our school website www.ilkleygrammarschool.com
Closing date for applications: 8am Wednesday 20th June 2018
Provisional interview date: As soon as possible after the closing date
Ilkley Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people in our recruitment procedures and in all our work across and beyond school. The school adheres to statutory guidelines in respect to safe recruitment. All persons employed by the school, in any capacity, will undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and confirmation of employment is subject to a successful outcome. All teaching staff members recruited by the school have their eligibility to teach checked with the DfE.