Required from September 2018 - Part Time Teacher of Business MPS
The Oriel Business Department
The Oriel Business team currently consists of 1 full-time and 2 part-time teachers. We are one of the top choices at year 9 for non-core subjects and continue to grow the department year on year. We are predominantly based in two classrooms and have access to PCs for the majority of BTEC sessions. All classrooms are equipped with an interactive whiteboard, projector and teacher’s PC, along with a substantial amount of resources to help deliver the new AQA GCSE, A-Level, and BTEC Nationals Specification.
The Business teachers at Oriel aim to provide every student in our care with the opportunity to engage with real business examples and business context throughout the course. They aim to deliver the subject with passion, creativity and with confidence of the expectations of the examinations. Business teachers are expected to encourage students to extend their business knowledge by further reading and promote independent learning across year groups. Teachers are also encouraged to source external speakers and businesses to present to students their business experience and knowledge.
We are looking to appoint someone who.......
· Is knowledgeable and passionate about all aspects of Business,
· Is motivated to support students in achieving their full potential and who wants to join an enthusiastic department
· Will lead in providing first-class teaching and learning for our students
· Has experience of teaching Business across KS4 and KS5 including BTEC Level 3.
· Is able to help develop effective ways of teaching the new specifications across GCSE, A-Level and BTEC Nationals.
We have excellent support for NQTs and would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers who would like to grow and develop in an innovative and forward thinking department; or more experienced teachers. Oriel has a detailed NQT training package praised by West Sussex and actively encourages CPD throughout the school with a comprehensive program for teachers at all stages of their careers.