The Headmaster is looking to appoint a high achieving graduate to teach Mathematics, and ideally Computer Science, within a highly successful department. The timetable allocation is likely to be in the region of 0.3 to 0.6, with the possibility to increase next year, as Computer Science again looks to grow at KS4 and at KS5. The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for Mathematics and Computer Science and be well placed to generate and sustain a high degree of motivation and achievement in all pupils. It is anticipated that the post holder will assist the FT Computer Science teacher to lead the introduction of A Level Computer Science this September, and there may be opportunities to teach at KS2, as King’s is a 3-18 Independent School. Candidates who are solely interested in teaching Mathematics should still apply as we may be able to allocate existing staff to teach the additional Computer Science.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Degree Level related to Computer Science and/or Mathematics
• Experience of teaching at KS3-5
• Uses dynamic, effective teaching strategies that engage all learners
• Experience of using programming languages eg Python, Java etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure, plan and prioritise own workload remaining professional at all times
• Initiative and resourcefulness; able to produce excellent teaching plans
• Able to deliver high standards, accuracy and attention to detail, meeting all deadlines
• Enthusiastic and passionate about the subject, the School and the pupils
• Willing to undertake further professional development
• Further post-graduate qualifications relating to Computer Science
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Generous Fees Remission
Candidates should apply by completing the application form and a letter of application. A CV is not required. Applications should be addressed to:
The Headmaster, The King’s School, Gloucester, GL1 2BG.
Closing date is Wednesday 24th April at 12 noon, with interviews taking place on Thursday 2nd May.