Date posted: Start date: Spring Term 2018 or negotiable Contract type: Part Time
Salary: MPS Contract term: Permanent Suitable for NQTs: Yes
PART TIME TEACHER OF MATHS
Amery Hill School is looking for a teacher to join their outstanding Mathematics Department. Why not try working with a team of maths specialists; in a place where your talents are appreciated and your expertise is valued. At Amery Hill you will be able to focus on inspiring the mathematicians of the future.
The teacher we appoint would ideally be:
• Available from January 2018
• Experienced at teaching Maths at KS3 and GCSE, either as a fully qualified teacher or an NQT; we would also consider applicants with recent experience teaching KS2
• Hard working and enthusiastic, with excellent subject knowledge
• Willing to co-operate and share as part of a caring, creative and friendly team
• Passionate about the communication of Maths
About the department: •
We achieve results consistently well above the County and National average. Maths results are typically some of the best in the school. Such is our expertise that other institutions, such as the Royal Institute seek our input in various projects
• Last year, 85% of our students achieved grade 4 or above and 36% achieved grade 7 or above. 9% achieved grade 9. Thus contributing to a Progress 8 score of +0.47
• We are a forward looking and ambitious department: we are dedicated to securing the best possible progress for all students over their five years at Amery, Having confidence in our approach to KS4 we now turn our focus to increasing the level of demand in KS3.
• Such is the strength of maths within the school that there is demand for GCSE Statistics and FSMQ Additional Mathematics.
About the school:
Amery Hill School is the top performing 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive school set in pretty grounds in the market town of Alton, Hampshire.
Following our excellent recent Ofsted inspection, we are very proud of the report and how it reflects the high standard of all round education that we provide for all our learners.
The school is well resourced and supported by the local community; it manages to maintain a supportive and caring environment for all who attend the school.
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt, therefore an early reply is recommended.