2 days per week – days to be confirmed
Contract: One year fixed term maternity cover
The City of London Academy Highbury Grove are seeking a Teacher of Music with experience of teaching to the full age and ability range. Candidates must have a degree in Music in addition to QTS, and must be highly proficient on an orchestral instrument, preferably violin and/or viola.
About the City of London Academy Highbury Grove Music Department:
· Five full time classroom Music teachers, sixteen part time instrumental teachers and an administrator/technician
· Six classrooms, two of which are equipped with midi keyboards and fifteen iMacs running Sibelius 7.5 and Logic Pro X
· Eight practice rooms and a recording studio
· We are the founding school of the Music in Secondary Schools Trust (MiSST); every student in Years 7-9 learns a musical instrument. Most of these are in whole class and large group settings but 20% in each year group have individual lessons. We have over 700 instruments which are loaned out to students
· Several ensembles including three orchestras, a choir, chamber ensembles and “school of rock” where students work in self-directed bands with teacher facilitation
· A busy performance schedule including concerts, whole year group performance assemblies and a full scale musical in the Spring term
The City of London Academy Highbury Grove is on an exciting journey to re-establish itself as an outstanding provider of high-quality education. The school’s mission is to embed excellence in everything they do and staff will play an instrumental role in school improvement, developing whole-school systems and ensuring that the school is outstanding.
Already the country’s best performing Trust for the new Progress 8 measure at KS4, the City of London Academies Trust is driven by ambition: to deliver world-class results as we combine the heritage and tradition of the City of London with creativity and innovation. We have a proven track record of school improvement, offering students an exciting curriculum and opportunities to perform, showcase their talents and experience the world of work outside of the classroom.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the team to bring the Academy forward to achieving its ambition to be an Outstanding Academy.
We’re committed to providing first-rate training and development to all of our staff, as well as excellent career advancement opportunities within this evolving Trust.
f you would like to build your future with us and be part of this exciting journey, please visit www.highburygrove.cola.org.uk/staff-vacancies/87.html to download a job pack and application form. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as part of the selection process an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check will be required.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 June 2018 9.00am.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis so early applications are encouraged.