Smart Teachers are working with an Academy in Newham, East London. The school are looking to appoint a Pastoral Assistant for the new academic year. The purpose of the role will be to support the work of three Heads of House and act as the first point of contact for the behaviour systems at one of the Academy’s sites. The Pastoral assistant provides administrative support for the Heads of House and in particular, support required for investigating behaviour incidents, recording the outcomes of such incidents, and communicating with parent/carers regarding breaches of the Academy’s behaviour expectations.
About the Role
· Permanent contract
· Administering the Academy’s “Behaviour System” and recording of behaviour incidents on the Academy’s database
· At the direction of Senior Managers and Pastoral Managers, carry out fact-finding investigations
· Under the supervision and guidance of the Heads of House, contacting parents to pass on information and arrange meetings
· Assist the break and lunch supervision team leader in ensuring that, at all times, there is a safe and orderly environment
In order to be considered for this role, the Pastoral Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· To have 5 GCSE qualifications at Grades C or better including English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
· Experience of working with challenging young people
· Some knowledge of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
· An understanding of how pastoral systems in secondary school work
· An ability to use SIMs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
· Be able to supply recent referee details and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number #RCR529414
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.