Isaac Newton Academy
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Exceptional Pastoral Leader needed to help shape an outstanding new school.
Required for January 2019
Subject specialisms considered for this post: English, Maths and Science.
New all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged children. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational teacher and leader who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. This is a rare opportunity to be centrally involved in establishing an outstanding school from its early stages. The role is suited to an exceptional Middle Leader.
Initial responsibilities will be for:
- Working with the Lead Pastoral Leader to ensure that there are effective pastoral systems and procedures, consistently implemented by all staff, to ensure a positive learning environment at all times
- Overseeing the behaviour, learning and progress of the students in one year group
- Leading a team of tutors
- Ensuring effective parental engagement and communication
- Implementing an effective cross year group initiative
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a strategic role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- join the ARK Schools network, with comprehensive CPD provision.
The successful candidate will:
- have an unswerving belief in the unlimited potential of all students
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment outcomes
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Ilford residents.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form please contact our technical team on 0203 116 6345 or for further information or an informal, confidential discussion please contact Please add HR contact on 020 8911 6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply and for more information please go to http://isaacnewtonacademy.org/vacancies. Please complete your application by Midday on Friday 23rd September 2018.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: January 2019
Deadline: Midday on Friday 23rd September 2018
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 1a
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.