The school are looking to appoint a Pastoral Leader from January 2018
Your new school
Stopsley High School is an 11-16 mixed Comprehensive School and Community College situated in a quiet area on the Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border with convenient access to Luton Airport, the M1 and main line rail links to London. Stopsley High School is a popular, oversubscribed school described by Ofsted in October 2014 as “a good school where students are respectful of each other and their teachers … students are polite, well-mannered and courteous.”
Your new role
The school are looking to appoint a Pastoral Leader to support the pastoral care and provision in improving, monitoring and evaluating strategies across the House. Of particular importance is liaison with parents, behaviour management, support with attendance, uniform and other welfare issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of supporting students emotional well-being
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Flexible approach to work as well as good organisational and communication skills
- Have a friendly, approachable and non-confrontational manner combined with the ability to be firm
- Enjoy being with young people and have an understanding of the pressures, fears and aspirations of students in the 21st century
What you'll get in return
- A friendly, open and support school with a strong induction programme.
- Commitment to professional development of all colleagues
- The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge developments in the school’s teaching and learning groups
- A brand new school building that opened in January 2017 with state of the art facilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click www.hays.co.uk/jobs/stopsley-high-school to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on 020 3818 7041.