Pastoral Support Manager required for September 2019:
We are looking for a Pastoral Support Manager to join our team starting in September 2019.
Key Responsibility: To provide pastoral support to Elutec students to enable them to achieve their potential and progress on to the appropriate next steps. Act as Deputy Designated Safeguard Lead.
Specific Requirements of Post:
- Working with the AP/SENCO/DSL, to establish and operate the student support system at Elutec.
- To provide a drop-in service for students and staff members who need support and guidance around pastoral or behaviour management issues.
- To liaise with parents, feeder schools and other relevant agencies to establish and maintain appropriate support and guidance for all students at Elutec.
- To manage and embed the system for reporting behavioural incidents and escalating interventions (CPOMS)
- To establish appropriate intervention courses for students, identify students who need the intervention and monitor the success of the courses in terms of changed behaviour of participants.
- To ensure timely and accurate completion of all administrative duties related to the role
- To be the deputy DSL.
- To liaise with key staff members to monitor behaviour incidents and, where appropriate, creating personal support plans for students.
- To establish and co-ordinate transitional arrangements for student admissions.
- To lead on the administration of parent consultation evenings.
- To provide guidance for staff members in dealing with specific students who are facing difficulties.
- To monitor bullying and racists incidents and ensure the completion of records is timely and accurate.
- To provide a monthly report to the Principal of all bullying and racist incidents which includes an outline of action taken.
- To monitor student attendance and flag attendance of less than 95% to appropriate staff, parents and, where appropriate, external agencies.
- To provide a monthly report to the Principal of attendance which includes a bullet point outline of trends and changes
- To liaise with outside agencies regarding attendance and well-being of students
- To carry out additional tasks at the request of the Principal or Assistant Principals.
Key Accountability Measures:
- Annual report provided for governors on bullying and racist incidents
- Annual report provided for governors on attendance
- The creation of an effective student support system measured by use and feedback from students and staff
Salary: Elutec range C £25,503-£30,093 p.a. (full time equivalent) dependant on qualifications and experience. Salary will be 0.93 pro-rata and therefore £23717 - £27,986 as a gross salary. This position is term-time + 8 days during the examination results period.
Terms and Conditions of Employment (key points): Elutec term time + 8 days (208 days per year). Staff work hours - 8:20 am until 5:10 pm Monday to Thursday with a 4:10 pm finish on Friday (it is anticipated that all professional duties will be completed during this time apart from attendance at parents’ evenings, open evenings and occasional off-site activities).
Elutec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and a DBS. Candidates should ideally hold a Level 3 Safeguarding certificate.
Please apply using the Elutec application form attached and email directly to Gillian Howard, HR Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to have an informal discussion please call 0203 773 4672. CV' s will not be accepted.
Please visit our website www.elutec.co.uk