£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty – Animal Studies and in liaison with the Student Support Co-ordinator, you will be focusing upon learner retention and success by providing regular 1-1 support to enable learners to access all aspects of the College curriculum. Contribute to the college achieving ‘outstanding’ levels of student retention and achievement by tracking and monitoring learner’s academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns. In addition you will identify learners who are giving cause for concern, support learners to achieve their full potential, through appropriate mentoring, lead group pastoral and personal development activities and assist College Academic Staff, to coordinate and undertake their duties.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
Closing Date: 21 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy • Holiday entitlement of 23 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider