Required! A suitably experienced individual, passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances, to lead the pastoral care of a secondary year group
37 hours per week 8.30am – 4.30 pm four days per week & 4.00 pm finish on Fridays (half hour unpaid lunch) Term time + 5 days
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us. We have recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, with whom we were already working collaboratively, accessing training opportunities through the Teaching School at St James’s, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place in our secondary phase over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Reporting to our Senior Pastoral Leader and as a member of the wider pastoral team led by our new Pastoral Deputy Headteacher, the post holder will preferably have previous school experience and be someone who:
- has a passion for seeing young people thrive and achieve their full potential, having high expectations for students’ attainment and personal development
- has experience of working with secondary aged young people with challenging behavioural and social needs and is able to employ a range of strategies to encourage them to be positive members of the school community and be the best citizens they can be
- demonstrates personal integrity and professionalism and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our students
- has excellent presentation and communication skills, able to enthuse and engage a student audience, a team of form tutors and also parents in the delivery of key messages
- has the ability and willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role
- is able to work under independently, under pressure and to deadlines
- can work collaboratively with colleagues teaching and non – teaching
- has excellent interpersonal skills and be able to form positive and supportive relationships with young people and their parents
- believes our students deserve the best provision and has the strength of character to advocate on their behalf and challenge appropriately where colleagues are not demonstrating agreed standards
- has a detailed knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- is willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a continuously improving organisation
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Senior Pastoral Leader Will Pacey on email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
Please note all staff are employed by The Bishop Fraser Trust.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in all its schools to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 19th September. Interviews will be held week commencing 24th September.