£23,187 to £24,599 or £25,336 - £26,939 (depending on qualifications and experience)
37 hours per week/52 weeks per year (although consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work no less than 30 hours per week)
We are seeking to recruit a Payroll, Pensions and HR Systems Officer to join the HR team, based at the Sparsholt campus, to support:
• the management of the monthly payrolls
• the administration of 3 pension schemes: LGPS, TPS and NEST
• the production of cyclical and ad-hoc payroll and HR Management Information/reports.
• the administration of the on-line manager and employee HR self- service system
You will act as the first point of contact in responding to any queries which staff have about their pay or pension.
Within the role you will lead with the preparation and running of the monthly payrolls, including accurate recording of starters and leavers and the inputting of casual pay claims and absence information to ensure that statutory sick pay, statutory maternity and paternity pay is accurately administered.
For full job details please see the attached job description and person specification.
The successful candidate will:
• be highly organised and able to prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
• have a good working knowledge, or willingness to attain, of SSP, SMP and other payroll processes
• ideally have demonstrable practical experience of working in a payroll environment
• be able to work independently with a flexible approach
• have excellent communication skills
• be a confident user of IT packages (Microsoft office, databases)
• have outstanding customer service skills
• have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C/4 or above including English and Maths
• be proactive and enthusiastic and looking for an opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in a fast paced environment.
• have a willingness to participate in non- payroll related activities to support the overall work of the HR department.
Whilst ideally we are looking to recruit someone to work 37 hours per week, applications will be considered if someone wanted to work no less than 4 days (30 hours) per week.
Closing Date: 16 September 2019
• Working in Beautiful surroundings
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with Xmas closure days
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider