KS1/KS2 Teacher/ KS3 Teacher (subject specialism in Science/Performing Arts/PE)
The Academy is a rapidly expanding school that has moved to a new site in central Algarve. Teachers at The Academy inspire our students to achieve the best possible outcomes. We want teachers that think creatively about lessons, possess energy and enthusiasm to connect with every student and become fully involved in our vibrant community school.
Enthusiastic and adaptable quality classroom practitioners are required for late October 2018, after half term. Experience of the English National Curriculum is essential. We are looking for candidates that are thoroughly committed to providing an excellent learning experience for all children.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about their teaching and committed to achieving high standards.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice.
- Are able to build good relationships with children, staff and parents.
- Create a vibrant classroom environment.
- Have previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language.
We can offer you:
- Well behaved children who are motivated to learn.
- A friendly and collaborative team.
- Hard working and supportive colleagues.
- A high level of spoken and written English is a prerequisite. We will also expect a strong academic background, and experience of the English school curriculum
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE and minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Strong experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- Has the drive and ambition to go the extra mile to make great things happen for the children
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A can-do attitude when it comes to relocating to Portugal.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application, recent photo and CV, together with copies of their education certificates.
On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal