Start date 1st September- 30 hours permanent term time only
Actual salary £12,377-£14,333
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a passionate PE / Sports Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop PE and sport within a large two-form entry, well-resourced primary school. The position would require teaching PE to all year groups, running after school sports clubs including fixtures, taking groups of children to sporting events, organising PE / Sports administration and break/lunchtime play leading with groups of children as well as occasional short term cover of classes across the school if needed.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about providing children with opportunities for sporting activities.
• Confident to coach / teach a number of sports.
• Experienced in supporting across the primary phase and successful whole class teaching.
• Able to manage pupil behaviour positively.
• Fully committed to meeting the needs of all pupils.
• Able to inspire and challenge pupils and motivate others by example.
• Positive in their attitude and willing to make a significant contribution to raising standards across the school.
• Committed to working with all members of the school community, particularly with parents, our PE/Sports leader and leaders at other Cornwall
• Eager to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life.
• Raise the profile of PE / Sport within the community, providing pupils with opportunities to take part in a wide variety of sporting events.
• Passionate about making learning experiences exciting, memorable and fun.
To arrange a visit or a conversation with the head teacher please call the school office: 01726 74887 or email email@example.com
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org/www.tes.com or, alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 18th May at 9am
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 25th May
St Mewan Community Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years