BSM will appoint a PE teacher and Gymnastics Coordinator for August 2020. The successful candidate must be collaborative, innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning-focused. Working closely with the ASA (After-School Activities) Coordinator, Director of Activities and Sports, and Head of Physical Education, the successful candidate will lead a diverse team of extra-curricular Gymnastics Coaches and teach PE within a dynamic team.
The Gymnastics Coordinator will develop, lead and manage the provision of Gymnastics in BSM across curriculum and ASAs in relation to its Vision for ASAs and sport:
- To ensure all children can access a high quality and fully inclusive programme
- To develop strong global citizenship values in all children
- To maximise the sports potential of every child
BSM is proud to have a thriving Gymnastics programme. Students of all ages and abilities are given an opportunity to pursue their passion for Gymnastics and participate in meets at a level appropriate to their ability. BSM gymnasts know how to compete showing respect, dignity, humility and gratitude.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Fixed-term
The successful candidate:
- Holds an appropriate degree and teaching qualification.
- Has experience performing or coaching Artistic Gymnastics
- Has knowledge and experience in MAG and WAG - Australian Gymnastics levels programme (or an international equivalent)
- Has relevant experience in leadership of local hire coaches.
- Is reflective and willing to learn from others.
- Has relevant experience with up-to-date knowledge of current research in Gymnastics, PE, education and student welfare and must show a commitment to on-going PD.
- Has a sense of humour.
The successful candidate is also expected to have or demonstrate the capacity to develop the following key areas crucial for the position:
- Delegation and empowerment
- Performance management
- Highly motivated, engaged and enthusiastic students
- A school with a real sense of community
- A school that is focused on learning
- An inclusive team of motivated and dedicated teachers and support staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- And, it's more fun in the Philippines (https://itsmorefuninthephilippines.co.uk/)
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to: email@example.com
Please refer to http://www.britishschoolmanila.org/ for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: 10 January 2020.
Interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates in early January 2020. We will respond to shortlisted applicants only.