Temporary Teacher of PE –Girls
Mainscale /Upper pay scale
Haughton Academy, part of the Education Village Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint an outstanding female teacher of Girls PE to deliver the highest quality teaching and learning across the age and ability range at the school. A female is required to preserve decency or privacy and therefore GOQ/S7.2.b of the Sex Discrimination Act applies.
This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave from February 2018 until the substantive post holder returns to school.
We would like someone with:
· Passion and enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
· Drive and a relentless approach to improving standards.
· The commitment to developing all children to be the best that they can be.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
· An enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom
· The opportunity to teach within the PE department.
· Excellent opportunities to develop your own professional practice through learning teams, action research and an extensive CPD programme.
· A technology rich learning environment.
· A committed, professional and welcoming staff team.
Closing date for the post is noon on Monday 4th December 2017.
Interviews to be held week commencing 11th December 2017.
Applicants should complete an application form and indicate through a letter (no more than two sides of A4) how their experience to date has prepared them for this role and how they would ensure future success.
Application forms and further details for the above positions are available by visiting our website at www.educationvillage.org.uk Please telephone Dani Stapleton on 01325 248173 if you require any further information or would like to arrange a visit.
The Education Village is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and disqualification by association disclosure.