Downland school caters for pupils from year 6 to year 11 (age 10 – 16). The majority of our pupils are working below Age Related Expectations (ARE). In some instances, there are significant gaps in learning. Additionally, all our pupils have a SEN profile and access to learning is even more of a challenge.
As a school we place a strong focus and invest heavily on the core skills, qualities and attributes required to be a successful adult in society and to develop the skills for an individual to become a lifelong learner. Literacy and numeracy acquisition is paramount as is an understanding of self, community and the wider world.
Main Purpose of the post:
• To ensure that the teaching of PE and games throughout the school is of the highest quality.
• To be a key contributor to PE and games and the development of pupils’ physical well-being.
• To raise standards of pupils’ attainment and achievement.
• To monitor and support pupils’ progress in physical activities and education.
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all pupils.
• Teach high quality, engaging, personalised and enjoyable lessons enabling access for all learners. Demonstrate a commitment and passion for delivering ‘Quality First Teaching’.
• To promote the educational opportunities for all pupils through the development of effective teaching and learning.
• To actively promote innovation and creativity with a SEN focus within the PE department.
• To be committed to your own Continued Personal Development and Learning (CPDL), with a particular focus on broadening the curriculum further e.g. acquire additional leadership qualifications.
• To fully engage in the wider role of form tutor and participate in the full range of wider school duties.
• To liaise with colleagues across the school in developing active play and healthy behaviours across the curriculum.
Our mission statement is ‘Aspire, Achieve and Thrive’.
We wish to appoint a dynamic, ambitious, and well-qualified teacher of PE who has a proven record in raising achievement. This is an exciting opportunity to join our enthusiastic, committed and professional team and to teach pupils from year 6 to year 11.
You will have a passion for your subject, a track record of outstanding teaching and the ability to teach pupils with SEND. You will fully participate in developing PE and games across the school and in initiatives to secure outstanding teaching and learning in all aspects of school life. You will have a strong commitment to the wider pastoral role and wish to make a significant positive impact on our young people’s lives, securing the very best outcomes.
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 16 years