Closing Dates: 18th July 2018
Contract: Full time, Permenant
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership andmanagement at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the support team in helping the academy in attaining its aims and objectives by providing timely and effective assistance to all teaching staff in the PE department.
1. Provide timely and effective preparation of materials for lessons, through regular liaison with teaching staff in Key Stage 3-5.
2. Preparation of all equipment for practical lessons throughout the school.
3. Ensure that equipment is kept clean and that all aspects of health and safety are observed and best practice recommendations are followed.
4. To support teaching staff to make clear and tidy workplaces and PE facilities after lessons and at the end of the day
5. Checking and compiling stock lists for materials and resources. Ordering materials and equipment as necessary.
6. Assist students with practical lessons as directed.
7. Work with House Coordinator and Year Lead and show initiative and creativity in displaying student work and extracurricular fixtures & results across the academy & on The Exchange (in line with academy curriculum themes where relevant), with the aim of celebrating our successes and inspiring learning.
8. Work with all subject areas and the Communications Manager to promote and prepare whole academy displays and The Exchange for extracurricular sporting events.
9. To support staff with extracurricular clubs before, during and after school.
10. To support the academy staff in organising and running sports fixtures, tournaments and events with other secondary and primary schools.
11. To liaise with external agencies such as Hackney’s Leisure & Physical Activity Coordinator to help increase student’s participation in physical activity in the academy and the Borough.
12. To liaise with external agencies and the Community Facilities Manager to help promote Satellite Clubs in a variety of Physical Activities.
13. Any other duties relevant to the post.