People & Culture Officer
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time (12-months)
Salary Range: Grade 3/4 ($69,998 - $89,686 + Superannuation)
Start Date: Negotiable
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 16 May 2021
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
The People and Culture Officer is responsible for providing HR administration, guidance and support that delivers business outcomes, improves performance, builds capability and supports a positive workplace culture. Reporting to the Senior Officer, People & Culture you will assist in the development and delivery of human resource programs and initiatives.
The role includes assisting and working with the HR Business Partners to research and provide general HR advice, coordinate the implementation of HR policies and initiatives, provide assistance with the support to senior management with focus on all areas of human resources.
We are seeking dynamic, professional and a well-organised applicant, who is able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You’ll have a proactive approach in seeking out opportunities to improve current processes and practices and you’ll be a self-directed individual with a strong sense of purpose and vision for the work that you do.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunities to undertake training and upskilling
- Positive and social work culture
- Developed internal consulting skills with strong business and education sector acumen,
- Well-developed analytical thinking and evidence of the use of metrics in decision making.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proactive individual who can ensure quality and responsiveness of service in partnering with clients (schools and external stakeholders)
- Ability to use initiative and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and judgement while maintaining a strong business partner approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with ability to engage and deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A team player with a flexible, adaptable and results orientated approach and the confidence to constructively challenge the status quo.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a covering letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience section in the position description and a current resume.
For further information about the role and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn please visit the website and position description. If you have any questions contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au.
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn