The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a specialist Percussion Teacher (Kit, Tuned and Auxiliary) to support our current co-curricular program. This position will be for two days per week, hours depending on enrolments and co-curricular involvement (Percussion ensemble and Marching Band).
The ideal candidate must be willing to be a part of our dynamic co-curricular program, and support the current classroom Music studies aligning with the Australian Curriculum. They will have extensive experience and qualifications with examination boards (AMEB or other), conducting experience with youth bands, and a reputation of excellence in all of these fields.
Position type: Casual, two days per week.
Anticipated Commencement Date: Tuesday 8th October (Term 4)
Applications Close 2pm Monday 9th September 2019
The ideal candidate will have;
• Proven ability to teach secondary school students, of all abilities and levels of experience.
• Proven ability to prepare students for examinations (AMEB or similar)
• Experience with Marching Bands and ensembles
• Experience teaching a range of percussion techniques.
• Relevant training and professional development history in current practices in instrumental tuition and pedagogy.
St Columbans is a progressive, co-educational, Catholic College catering for over 1,000 students. Our contemporary campus is located in the heart of Caboolture, easily accessible by rail and bus. Our nurturing, faith filled community offers mission and retreat programs, academic and vocational excellence with diverse curriculum choices, technologically advanced 1:1 Laptop Program, comprehensive cultural programs and sporting development academy and offers multiple pathways with a Trade Training Centre, being a National Finalist in the Australian Training Awards. Staff are committed to quality inclusive Christian education in the Catholic tradition led by the Edmund Rice Touchstones. At St Columbans College there is a focus on High Expectations, Resilience and Perseverance.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 4, 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 Months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: Two Days per week
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Evie Teasdale
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5495 3111
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window