Performance Space Coordinator
Reference Number: SCC1617155
Salary: Starting salary £17,351 per annum with incremental progression to £19,735
Advert Closing Date: 20th August 2017
Interview Date: w/c 4th September 2017
Contract Type: Permanent, Term Time Only
Hours per Week: 37
An exciting opportunity for an individual with experience and expertise in technical aspects of theatre and performance spaces to join our exciting department. You will have a working knowledge of the theatre including lighting and sound, working at height and stage management. Ideally you will have experience with fit-ups, the rehearsal process, running performances and striking sets /equipment. You will be proactive and focused, have great communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritise your workload. You will work closely with our teaching staff and production teams in order to create productions of the highest standards. As member of our vibrant and dynamic department you will help run our “Pendleton Season of Shows”. Our Season of Shows has an outstanding reputation and is of a professional standard, therefore industry experience desirable.
Reason to Join Us
- Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.