The Kingston Academy seeks a creative and engaging Performing Arts / Music and Drama Teacher with a strong command of their subject to join the school from September 2019. This represents an excellent opportunity for career enhancement and progression in the context of a school with exceptional in-house drama and musical performance facilities and, through our partners Kingston College and Kingston University, access to professional quality theatres.
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this pivotal role:
Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils;
- Skilled in an individual musical instrument with the ability to read music;
- Ideally, with existing experience in performing arts, assisting with the staging of musical / dramatic productions;
- Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
The Kingston Academy is a new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. In June 2018, the school was judged by Ofsted to be Outstanding across the board. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. In Autumn 2019, the beginning of our fifth year of operation, we have over 900 pupils across the five year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Candidates wishing to visit the school to meet with our Head of Drama or Head of Music are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Justine Free on 0208 465 6208 or email email@example.com. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a full class of pupils;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with Subject Lead and Head Teacher.
We look forward to receiving your application.