The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Performing Arts Technician to support the Performing Arts Department. The main responsibilities of the role is to maintain the school theatre, support all teaching and learning, school productions and community hires.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for the arts and a commitment to ensure the smooth running and success of assemblies, lessons, lunch time and after school activities and shows.
· To ensure that the theatre is kept in good working order
· To provide technical support for all events
· Manage administration of paperwork, letters, notices to students
· Produce posters, tickets, programmes and administer general advertising around the Academy.
· Start Date: January 2019
· Salary: L2 – L3 - £17,173 - £19,446 (dependent on experience) – Additional payments made for out of hours work
· Job Role: Full time, Some evening and weekend work required,
· Contract: 1 year fixed term contract in the first instance
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.