We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Physical Education to join our strong dynamic department. The successful applicant will teach Primary and Secondary core PE up to and including IGCSE Cambridge PE and IB Sports Exercise and Health Science. The successful applicant will be a committed team member and contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programme in Volleyball and Basketball, attending tournaments nationally and throughout Europe for the European Sports Conference. We would expect the successful applicant to have strong subject knowledge, excellent organisational and communication skills, be a reflective practitioner who embraces emerging technologies and who has a passion and enthusiasm for teaching PE.
St Julian’s is a well-resourced successful non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence. We have motivated students and a hard-working and collegiate staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed and are a school which believes in cultivating academic excellence through holistic education.
We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. SJS provides a 1:1 iPad programme for students in Years 7 and 8 and uses Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in Key stage 3 classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An initial contract of two years with extension possible
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Please complete our application form, including your CV and application letter. For queries, please contact Mrs Paula Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Fridsy 20th April 2018. Interviews will take place in April / May.
St Julian’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).