• Good Ofsted rating
• Progress 8 for GCSE is the significantly positive 0.33
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• We are proud of our close community connections
• Admission preference is given to staffs’ children
• We are partially selective • £3.5m school expansion
• The School is in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate
• We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
o Childcare vouchers
o Flu jabs
o Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga class
o Free eye tests
• Reputation of academic excellence
• Pearsons Award finalists – we are the highest School to have awards given by students. Over the last 2 years we have had 3 national finalists
• First class student support within an inspirational environment
• Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts •
We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
• Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed
About the Science Department - Results are excellent through all year groups and a large number of our students go on to choose a Physics or Engineering-based degree at university.
Physics - As a school 55% of our A2 students achieved A* to B grades, with A Level Physics achieving 63% A* to B grades. At GCSE our students achieve highly, with 87% of students achieved 5 or more A* to C including English and Maths. GCSE Additional Science had 82% of its students achieve A* to C, and GCSE Physics had 99%.
For an informal discussion please contact either Michael Metcalfe (Head of Physics) email address mmetcalfe@rickmansworth, herts.sch.uk or Paul Thompson (Deputy Headteacher) pthompson@rickmansworth, herts.sch.uk
To apply, please visit the school website or contact Rose Spinks (Headteacher's PA) on email@example.com
Full details of the job can be found on our website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Application forms and details can be obtained from the website, by calling the School on 01923 726917 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 8.00am Monday 21 May 2018
Interview date: Recommendation is to submit applications as soon as possible. Suitable candidates will be interviewed upon receipt.