Teacher of Physics (applications from NQTs welcomed)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for a unique and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team at our secondary campus. We have recently moved into our brand new campus on the Greenwich Peninsula with state of the art teaching facilities.
We welcome applications from Science teachers with a Physics specialism. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to work in a supportive and dynamic school.
St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and highly oversubscribed school with three school campuses; primary sites in Woolwich and Greenwich Peninsula and a secondary site based on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a Federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church. St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision providing 300 places for students aged 16-19.
The candidate will be:
· An outstanding teacher
· Highly organised, motivational and flexible
· An ambitious practitioner with a passion for learning
· An inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all students reaching their full potential
· Dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
· A supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
· Quality training to those new to the career
· A commitment to continuing professional development
· A positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
· Energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
· A supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
· An Apple MacBook
· A federation CPD programme
Closing Date: Sunday 24th February 2019 (12.00 noon)
Interview Date: w/c 25th February or w/c 4th March 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & invited to attend interview.