We are looking for a colleague to join our ambitious and inspiring Physics Department. You will work within a close-knit and supportive department who are dedicated to raising the aspiration and attainment of our students in the Sciences.
The successful applicant will work alongside the Head of Physics in developing an engaging curriculum as we move to a triple science (Edexcel) model, take part in opportunities to further enrich our students’ experience of physics and have the ability / aspiration to teach Physics across key stages 3, 4 and 5.
We would welcome applications from experienced physics teachers and NQTs alike.
- Teach Science and Physics as a specialism across 3 Key Stages including A level.
- Promote student progress through delivery of engaging lessons, student/teacher dialogue and use of data.
- Contribute to the reshaping of the Physics curriculum and support of non-specialist teachers.
- Actively engage in opportunities for Physics enrichment activities.
What we can offer you:
- Access to an outstanding continuous professional development programme with support from a dedicated mentor/appraiser.
- Support in developing pedagogy if new to delivering A level Physics.
Applications from NQTs and experienced staff will be equally valued.
Stoke Damerel Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All members of staff at Stoke Damerel Community College must undertake the required employment checks which include the uptake of references both professional and personal and an enhanced (DBS) disclosure.
For an application form and further details please visit our website www.sdcc.net
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am Monday 26th February 2018