Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Playroom Leader to work with children and young adults with learning difficulties at a play scheme setting in Harrow. The playscheme is based at an establishment that runs during term time and school holidays, supporting individuals with a range of needs including ASD, SLD, ADHD, and other complex needs. The Playroom Leader will be planning and leading activities for individuals aged 5 to 17. They will also be responsible for working with and supporting a team of play workers to deliver these activities. The Playroom Leader will be working on a part-time basis of 22.5 hours per week. There is also opportunity to work additional hours during weekends and holiday schemes.
About the Role
• Playroom Leader
• Planning and delivering activities for individuals aged 5-17
• Supporting children and young adults with a range of special needs including ASD, SLD, ADHD, and other complex needs
• Permanent part-time position (22.5 hours per week)
• Term time – Monday to Friday 14:00-18:30
• Annual salary of £13,612
• Option for additional hours during weekends and holiday schemes
About the Establishment
• Run by a charity that supports local children and young adults with additional needs in Harrow
• Supports individuals with a range of special needs from the age of 5 to 25
• There is a particular focus on sensory play so there are a number of resources including sensory toys, technology, etc.
• Parking available on site
• Close to transport links (short walk from the Overground or bus ride from a number of underground stations)
In order to be considered for this role, the Playroom Leader will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Must have a recognised education / early years qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher (essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC155218.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.