Coxlease School, Clay Hill, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7DE
Hours: 37.5 per week - term time only
Due to the continued development and expansion of our Post 16 provisions, which are part of the services offered by Priory Lyndhurst and Coxlease School, an opportunity has arisen for a new Learning Support Assistant within this field.
Coxlease School, based in the heart of the New Forest, is an ‘Outstanding’ school which caters for pupils with Emotional, Social and Mental Health needs (ESMH), and who can present with significantly challenging behaviours.
The current Learning Support Assistant role will be based across our Vocational Centre specialising in practical construction skills, The HUB in Totton and may also include support in local college provisions. The role will involve elements of lone working and travelling between sites, so a driving licence is essential.
The role will include:
- Academic support for learners including the support and implementation of Literacy and Numeracy curriculums;
- Support for learners accessing external providers (local college provisions);
- Work and support in vocational activities including Plastering, Tiling, Painting and Decorating, Bricklaying and Carpentry.
The school is looking for someone that:
- Has confident communication skills;
- Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Is resilient to the challenges of working with pupils with SEN;
- Has a good sense of humour.
In return we will offer you:
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.