Reporting to the Principal, the Class Teacher will be expected to:
Job Role & Responsibilities
· Develop and execute the preparation, planning and delivery of child-centered learning activities for the child in the class
· Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
· Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
· Being a facilitator in the classroom and taking an interactive role with children. Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
· Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management e.g care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room.
· Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
· Collaborate with Pre-school Director and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
· Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care. Coordinating parent meetings where appropriate to review children’s progress
· Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
· At least 2 – 5 years relevant professional teaching experience in early childhood;
· The candidate should hold a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or Education or equivalent, which is obtained from a recognised University or College involving not less than 3 years full time study;
· Teachers Certificates, Diplomas or other Teacher Accreditation courses and certification are required if the applicant’s degree is not in Education;
· IB PYP course and training are highly valued;
· Knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of inquiry based learning is required;
· Applicants must provide original copies of their Certificates and academic transcripts for authentication;
· International experience, especially in Asia is highly regarded;