EtonHouse International Education Group
The EtonHouse International Education Group is headquartered in Singapore with 100 schools in over 12 countries. Together these schools provide high quality education to over 15000 children globally. Over the last 21 years, EtonHouse has been at the forefront of international education offering innovative pre-schools and K-12 schools across Asia.
In the early years, an inquiry-based “Inquire-Think-Learn” curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach is followed. In the primary, secondary and high school, EtonHouse offers the globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme and IGCSE qualifications. There are 9 IB schools in the EtonHouse family.
Corporate Website: http://www.etonhouse.com.sg/
We are seeking qualified Pre-School level Educators to join Shenzhen EtonHouse campus in August 2018. Applicants should match our image of educator; people who are collaborative, open-minded, lifelong learners who are both respectful and passionate in what they do.
Shenzhen Nanshan Oriental Grace EtonHouse Kindergarten
Shenzhen Nanshan Oriental Grace EtonHouse Kindergarten is located in Oriental Grace, Baishi Road, Nanshan, Shenzhen. The Kindergarten has an area of about 2500 square meters including a 1500-square-meter outdoor activity area and 9 full-facilitated classrooms. Besides, it has many function rooms, such as Dance Studio, Art Studio, Library, Laboratories and so on.
The kindergarten has conscientiously carried out ‘the guidelines for kindergarten education’ and ‘the guidelines for the study and development of children aged 3-6’, advocated the education concept of " free rhythm of Kindness, Beauty, and Truth, harmonious coexistence of Heaven, Earth and Humans", adhered to the education idea of "teaching with kindness, learning with beauty, nurturing with truth", and aimed to achieve the goal of ‘the education of nourishing the heart, the paradise of according kindness and beauty’.
All faculty members have established a working attitude of ‘thank children with grateful heart, educate children with love’, formed a work style of ‘mutual help, mutual love, equality and freedom’ and created a campus culture atmosphere of ‘Kindness, Beauty, and Truth’.
IB Pre-School Teachers
The Homeroom Teacher reports to the School Principal and is required to work closely with the rest of the class/specialist teachers and assistant teachers.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s teaching philosophy and curriculum.
- Adopt a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
- Plan and organise documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
- Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other teaching staff members and the school and treat all information with confidentiality.
- Responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible.
- Maintain a tidy and well organised classroom or learning corner.
- Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
- Collaborate with Principal and other staff members in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios.
- Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
- Build positive links with parents of students in your care.
- Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers/ assistant teachers in carrying out their tasks.
- Collaborate with other teaching staff members in curriculum planning.
- Must be native level English speaker.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor Degree (in Education or specialist teaching subject areas), from a recognised institution. (Duration of studies should not be less than 3 years full time study).
- Teacher Certificate, Diploma or other Teacher Accreditation courses are required if the applicant’s degree is not in Education. Early Education certification is required for the Pre-School Homeroom Teacher.
- At least 2 to 5 years of relevant either Early Years or Primary level teaching experience, preferably in international schools
- Experience in IB PYP teaching and training is highly desirable
- Possess a collaborative attitude and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- International experience, especially in Asia is highly valued.
- Willing to commit to a 2-year contract and willing to be based in Shenzhen, China.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, current criminal police clearance from their home country and last country of employment
Remuneration package includes a competitive salary based on relevant years of teaching experience. A living allowance which includes housing will be provided alongside with airfare and shipping allowances. Medical insurance coverage will also be provided to teachers and eligible dependants. Completion bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact EtonHouse International Education Group HR Team at +65 6229 5761