Welcome to Barrow Hill Junior School: A village school in the heart of Central London!
36 hours per week, Fixed term contract, All Year Round. This post is non-residential.
Salary Grade: Band 2 Level II £24,618- £30,900 (Depending on experience and performance)
Great behaviour, great location, great colleagues: come and see for yourself why Barrow Hill is a special place to work!
We are looking for a new, friendly, knowledgeable person for our close-knit team. This team has been built up by all of us, including our current Facilities Manager – she has made a big difference to our school and she will be helping with the handover to you.
Our school is unusually friendly and well behaved. It is a very happy, ambitious and sparky two-form entry school with 240 Key Stage 2 pupils. It’s popular and well-loved locally. Our community is a global one with children with connections from all over the world. There are 35 different language backgrounds in the school with links to 42 different countries. Behaviour of children in our school is excellent. Our school is a friendly place because we genuinely work hard at being a team – it is not just a buzz-word to us. Our teaching colleagues always cooperate with the Premises team and it is a well-established two-way street.
We are a ‘Good’ school aiming for ‘Outstanding’. Our Reading, Writing and Maths results are in the top 20% nationally. Our attendance is the best in Westminster and behaviour is excellent – come and see for yourself! We have earned our reputation because we focus on standards, creativity, care and respect in equal measure.
The school is two minutes from St John’s Wood tube station on the jubilee line, one stop from Baker Street, five minutes from Oxford Street. We are very near to Regent’s Park and Lord’s Cricket ground (who we have great links with!).
Please see our website www.bhjs.co.uk for further information on the school.
You will have:
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal). We are a very friendly and approachable team who value respect and honesty.
• The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, including the Headteacher, other school staff, students, parents, other agencies and the local community.
• An understanding of building maintenance requirements and the ability to undertake minor repairs. Our building is Victorian; it is in good condition and is very beautiful. It needs TLC!
• Basic computer skills for communication via email, and for other purposes.
• The ability to prioritise your own workload in line with the Job Description so our school runs smoothly.
• A willingness to deal with emergencies at school beyond those hours (including in rare instances at night). We have a hard-working teaching team and a good relationship between staff and premises team is essential for us to maintain.
Candidates may also have:
• Previous experience of buildings and asset management/legislation; managing our cleaning contractors
• Knowledge of the legislation specific to health and safety and related issues (including COSHH and Risk Assessments)
• Knowledge of asbestos management
If this sounds like you then we would like to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcomed at any point contact Audrey or Pierre on 02076415005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply using the application form, job description and person specification included in this advert as the school will be closed between 21/12/2018 and 08/01/2019.
We are also recruiting for a Midday Manager position. You are welcome to apply to it and if successful this extra hour of work would increase your salary by £2,382 to £2,539 per annum depending on experience and performance. It means you could have a total salary of £33,439.
Closing date: 2.00pm, Friday 11th January 2019.
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau). Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk.