We are looking for a Premises Officer to ensure the provision of a safe, clean, attractive learning environment, as part of a team undertaking responsibility for the maintenance, security, health and safety of the academy site (including grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment), ensuring that they operate efficiently and effectively.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Kent House, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- To be fully engaged in ensuring the academy health and safety and other related policies are fully adhered to;
- To provide technical and craft support to teaching staff as directed by the Premises Manager;
- To provide site security as required;
- To report any poor or dangerous behaviour by students to the Premises Manager;
- To report any potentially hazardous actions by staff to the Premises Manager immediately;
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Kent House
Harris Primary Academy Kent House opened in September 2013 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. It is a very exciting time to be joining our flourishing team. At Harris Primary Academy Kent House we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. We believe that when children are as young as they are in Primary School, happiness is key to success.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
- An Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ academy: “The passionate and enthusiastic teaching staff, including the very able teaching assistants, plan challenging and extremely well-structured lessons that make sure no pupil is left behind.”
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A vibrant multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Kent House are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8402 7178 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.