We are looking for a Premise Officer to ensure the provision of a safe, clean, attractive learning environment, as part of a team undertaking responsibility for the maintenance, security, health and safety of the academy site (including grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment), ensuring that they operate efficiently and effectively.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Kenley, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- To carry out servicing, cleaning and checking of academy vehicles within capabilities;
- To provide technical and craft support to teaching staff as directed by the senior premises officer;
- To provide site security as required;
- To report any poor or dangerous behaviour by students to the Premises Manager;
- To report any potentially hazardous actions by staff to the Premises Manager immediately;
- To maintain, decorate and repair the academy premises where appropriate;
- To liaise with and support external contractors on site, ensuring supervision at all times;
- To lock/secure both side and back gates as required;
- To be responsible for ensuring that any “accidents”, sickness or spillages are promptly cleaned, disinfected and made safe;
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Kenley
Harris Primary Academy Kenley is a Primary academy for local children, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and focused school environment that engages children fully in their learning. We plan and tailor the curriculum to our pupils so that each is taught in the way that suits them best.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kenley?
- The opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, with exceptional support from the academy and the Harris Federation
- A flourishing and diverse school with a wonderful and welcoming community
- Conveniently located for public transport and connections into London
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and progression
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Kenley are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8660 2714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.