We are seeking to recruit an experienced Premises Officer/Senior Caretaker, for an immediate start, to be accountable for the maintenance, security, and facilities management services across Crofton Academy.
The role includes overall responsibility for:
- Site Security, including buildings access and key allocation.
- Supervision and facilitation of general maintenance, gardening, decorating, and repairs.
- Regular fire, water and alarm testing.
- Management of caretaking staff and lunchtime supervisors.
- Maintaining relationships with external contractors from quotation stage through to work completion.
- Portering and cleaning duties as required during the school day.
We expect our Premises Officer/Senior Caretaker to be a hands on, can do person with great organisation skills and the ability to solve problems. The ideal candidate will have experience of dealing with contractors, leading a small team and planning maintenance schedules. They will also hold a qualification within a recognised trade (plumbing, joinery, electrical, or mechanical maintenance) or have relevant experience in general building maintenance.
Flexibility in hours of work, particularly during school holiday periods, will be essential in this role, to ensure the efficient running of the site.
We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join a partnership where relationships for learning are fundamental to their continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Headteacher : Mr Peter Walker
For further enquiries or to discuss the role, please contact Kim Hinchcliffe or Ruth Craven at email@example.com. The closing date for fully completed applications is noon on 16th July 2018.