Are you a passionate and committed educator?
Are you fascinated by the way children learn?
Are you frustrated by traditional ways of teaching?
Are you convinced there must be a better way?
If you answer Yes to each of these questions, you are on the same page as us. We want to challenge the norm; think outside the box; be creative with our pedagogy and with our environment; take learning into new places and spaces, and prepare our children for a world we can only imagine. Personal growth; creativity; academic achievement – each is important in its own right, but we imagine a future of holistic integration that inspires our children to learn for the love of it and to graduate our schools prepared to follow the path of their choosing.
Our school is rapidly taking shape in our thoughts and ideas, and now we need to turn it into reality. You will be central to that process. You will bring ideas and experiences of your own as well as embracing those of others; you will draw inspiration from research and from progressive models of education across the Globe. You will embrace the collaborative ethos of our strategists and research partners whilst demonstrating vision and leadership. You will translate an aspiration into practical innovation.
- You will be an experienced educator who can demonstrate originality and innovation
- You will be a qualified teacher in early childhood education and a graduate of a recognised university
- You will have experience in an early childhood classroom preferably with a Montessori, Reggio Emilia, or IB approach
- You will create a nurturing environment for play and exploration for children
- You will have commitment to holding the highest standards of learning for every student
- You will understand how to prepare children for life after school, including access to higher education and the world of work; to entrepreneurship; to careers in the third sector, whilst retaining the flexibility to pursue paths not yet dreamed of
- You will be a flexible thinker open to new pedagogical approaches and the use of technology and digital media to facilitate learning
- You will have a knowledge of educational research and be aware of the latest theories of how children learn
- You will be able to provide and receive critical and constructive feedback that inspires and supports the improvement of practice
- You will be culturally aware and sensitive to as well as passionate about our Qatari context
If you smile when you think about children; when you’re talking to parents; when you’re discussing new ideas in education … If you can keep smiling when there are setbacks; when things don’t go your way; when there are delays and frustrations … If you’re a builder of teams; a mender of bridges; a developer of relationships … if you never give up; always have options; are endlessly optimistic … you may be the person we’re looking for.
Our school will be exciting, innovative and very different, and it will be at the heart of the Qatar Foundation’s family of schools in Education City in Doha. It will be a dual-language school (English & Arabic) and, as such, applications will be particularly welcome from candidates who fluent in both languages as well as native-level speakers of English or Arabic. Primary grades will open first to set the stage for the School to grow organically towards a full K-12 program on maturity when we expect to have around 480 students.
The school is to be located within Qatar Foundation (QF), which was founded in 1995 by decree of His Highness the Father Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Qatar Foundation is chaired by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. Its aim is to support Qatar on its journey to becoming a diversified and sustainable economy by offering lifelong learning opportunities, fostering a culture of innovation, and empowering the local community.
Qatar Foundation carries out this mission through: education, science & research, and community development. QF’s work in the education field has brought a number of international universities to Qatar to help develop an education sector in which young people can develop the attitudes and skills required to serve the needs of the country, and thrive in a global environment. Its main science and research agenda is to build Qatar's innovation and technology capacity by developing and commercializing solutions through key sciences. Its community development programs aim to help enhance the cultural landscape, protect Qatar's heritage and address immediate social needs in the community.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Jan 31st 2019. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered. Also, candidates should provide a statement of education philosophy, including an explanation of why they believe they are the right person for the position
Applications should be addressed to the Director, Dr. Maryam Al-Hajri, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to the Executive Director of QF Schools, Mr Stuart Leeming, at email@example.com