Located in the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands, our small, friendly school invites applicants for the position of Primary & Middle School Spanish Teacher
Providenciales Primary & Middle School is an independent community school in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Our Primary School has operated on Providenciales for 30 years, with our Middle School opening three years ago. Our vision for education stems from an ambition for all students to experience a truly hands on and creative approach to learning. We aim for students to drive their own learning by providing opportunities for student choice, exploration and investigation. We offer an adapted UK curriculum that is reflective of our setting in both the Caribbean and the world.
Required from September 2021, Providenciales Primary and Middle School is looking to appoint a committed and inspiring teacher to join our excellent teaching team. The role will be split into two key areas of responsibility:
• You will be responsible for the teaching of Spanish across KS3 that engages and inspires our eager learners, in line with IGCSE qualification route.
• You will have experience teaching Primary School Languages and will deliver a fun, engaging and progressive program of Spanish lessons to students in Key Stages 1 and 2 (Years 1-6).
Providenciales Primary and Middle School boasts a supportive community of staff and parents who work together for the benefit of all pupils. Academic standards in the school are high and we attribute this to our wonderful team of teachers, who work to nurture our children’s inherent talents, natural curiosity and love of learning.
If you are seeking a chance to work within an exciting educational environment, Providenciales Primary and Middle School can offer rich personal and professional opportunities.
You will need to:
• be an excellent and motivated classroom practitioner, focused on engaging and inspiring a love of learning;
• commit to working as a team member across our Primary and Middle School phases;
• hold QTS and have a minimum of two years’ experience;
• continue to develop our creative and progressive Spanish Curriculum, including enhancement of planning and learning materials;
• be a resourceful and reflective practitioner, able to tailor classroom learning to the needs of your pupils.
We can offer:
• friendly and enthusiastic children with a positive attitude to learning;
• the opportunity and freedom to develop a vibrant Key Stage 1-3 Spanish curriculum that aims to excite learners;
• a clear and engaging vision for teaching and learning;
• a commitment to constantly improve and innovate as a school;
• a valued place within an experienced and dedicated staff team.
Some background information about our approach to Spanish teaching can be found here:
If you are interested in joining our team, we'd love to hear from you. Please visit our website and blog, consider if we are the place for you, and apply today! www.provoprimary.com
Please complete the application form and submit, along with a covering letter that introduces yourself and your personal/professional circumstances, to: Toby Barkworth-Knight, Director, Providenciales Primary & Middle School.
Providenciales Primary School
Turks and Caicos Islands
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years