Due to expansion, restructuring and the opening of two new schools, we are seeking a dynamic and committed school leader to join us at this exciting time in our development. Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah Academy Family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport, the Academy provides UK and IB education to almost 3500 students from 80+ nationalities across its 5 schools. Over the past five years the Academy has grown markedly, in both our student numbers and our reputation for developing academic achievement; certainly the international school of choice in the Emirate.
We need an Assistant Headteacher, primary trained, who can confidently take the lead in specific areas of school improvement and help in our search for “Learning Excellence with a Community Heart”.
• Development of quality teaching and learning approaches, with particular emphasis on developing pedagogical excellence within the class room;
• Contributing to the quality assurance of the teaching and learning within the school.
• Ensure the efficient and effective development and delivery of Training and Staff Development, including staff induction and analysis of retention issues;
• Oversight of recruitment practices and the hiring of suitable high quality staff for the school;
• Management and oversight of the CPD budget;
• Developing use of ICT and systems which more effectively prepare staff and students for an increasingly digital future;
• Playing the significant role in the school staff development offer, taking account of the agreed priorities of the school and each member of staff;
• Exemplifying the application of agreed policies, priorities and expectations: to be a teaching and learning role model for colleagues
• Maintain a high profile as an example of best and leading practice within the classroom and foster the high teaching and learning expectations to which the school aspires.
• Ensure best practice is effectively modeled continuously.
• To support the assessment of teaching effectiveness through the school’s performance management/appraisal process
• To undertake designated tasks associated with the daily running of the School
• To promote the professional autonomy and accountability of all staff, in order that they may carry out their duties and responsibilities effectively
• To support effective learning for all students
• To line-manage designated middle leaders in the implementation of policies and processes aimed at targeted development areas
• To attend and help to organise parent conferences, assemblies, open days, etc.
• To be a high profile presence around site
• To liaise and communicate effectively with parents, staff and students to ensure that information is clear and readily available
• To collaborate with the Head of School in the creation and implementation of a structured strategic plan for the Secondary school
The successful candidate will have and be able to demonstrate most of the following:
• At least 5 years of teaching experience
• Relevant experience in leadership, either as a Head of Department/Grade, Subject Coordinator, Team Leader or Senior Leadership
• Teaching and Learning expertise, with understanding of new approaches
• Experience of staff appraisal and performance development
• A strong sense of values coupled with a strong understanding of the school’s mission, vision and aims
• A high level of organization, energy and drive to achieve the best outcomes for students
• A high level of openness and honesty in working with colleagues
• A strong sense of teamwork
• An appreciation for the academic and personal issues facing children with language backgrounds other than English
• Experience in open-access, inclusive schools
• The ability to think quickly, respond to situations and be consistent in decision-making.
An attractive employment package that includes tax free salary, two free school places, accommodation allowance and medical insurance, end of service gratuity and annual flight allowance. In addition, we provide a supportive working environment with a commitment to Professional Development.
To apply for this position please use 'Quick Apply'.
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks.