Primary Class Teacher for August 2021
The British School, Alexandria (NOR 520) seeks applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teachers looking to develop their teaching career in an international setting.
We follow the British National Curriculum and you would be a class teacher in our Prep school. You would be joining a very supportive and committed group of teachers with a mix of young and more experienced teachers.
The British School, Alexandria is a long-established, high-achieving and forward-thinking 3-18 International School known for its family atmosphere. It enjoys an excellent reputation both within Alexandria and further afield. It is recognised by the DfE and is an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). In our 2019 BSO inspection, we were described as a “Good school with many outstanding features”. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with good relationships between staff and students. We have a strong commitment to the professional development of all our staff.
Alexandria is a bustling, friendly and cosmopolitan city on the Mediterranean, full of historical interest. Life for teachers is enjoyable with a low cost of living and sufficiently good infrastructure, shops, cafes and restaurants to lead a European lifestyle. Most teachers are able to save at least 60% of their salary and, at the same time, enjoy exploring Egypt. Although in past Egypt has appeared in the media, you will find that living in Alexandria is in reality similar to living in any other big city with no particular security issues and a strong and stable government.
Honours degree from a UK university or similar
Qualified Teacher Status / PGCE
Experience of teaching in the British education system either in the UK or in British international schools
Satisfactory Police / DBS checks
2 years’ experience of teaching in Primary, however a strong NQT would also be considered
A British citizen who has been educated in Britain and so has personal experience of the British education system
Terms and Conditions /Advantages
• Very good tax-free salary
• Free furnished quality accommodation (excluding utility bills) with sole occupancy within walking distance of the school (minimum 2-bedroom furnished apartment for single teachers and 3-bedroom family accommodation for families) in a very pleasant suburb of Alexandria
• Annual return flights to the UK for the teacher, spouse and dependents
• Beginning and end-of-contract baggage allowance
• 2 free school places for dependent children (and 50% for a third child)
• Free health insurance for teacher, spouse and dependants
• Small class sizes (typically 15 students in a class)
• Motivated students who want to learn
• Forward-looking British independent international school at the heart of the community with a family atmosphere
• Excellent professional development together with opportunities to take on the responsibility
• British international accredited (COBIS and BSME) not-for-profit school for children aged 3-18
• Vibrant north African Egyptian city with excellent opportunities for travel
If you would be interested in joining us, then please visit our website www.bsalex.net for further details and to download an application form. Please e-mail the completed application form together with a brief letter of application, of no more than two sides of A4, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is Thursday 28th January 2021 at 9 am (UK time). In the case of receiving an exceptionally strong application prior to the closing date, we reserve the right to appoint earlier.
If you have any questions or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at Mshetawy@bsalex.net
Single teachers or married couples (with or without children) are welcome to apply.
The British School, Alexandria is committed to all aspects of safeguarding
The British School, Alexandria
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
We have recently celebrated our 35th Anniversary and continue to be one of the leading schools in Alexandria and the surrounding area. We have close links with the British Embassy - our Patron is Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to Egypt. &nb...